BR&L Consulting provides customized overview and in-depth training in:
- Business to Manufacturing Integration using ANSI/ISA-95
- Covering the ISA-95 and IEC/ISO 62264 Part 2, 4, and 5 standards for Enterprise System to Control System Integration. It describes how you can apply these standards to simplify integration of business and industrial systems. It also covers the benefits that companies have achieved with Enterprise/Control System Integration, and the type of information and IT technologies used to integrate business systems (ERP, SCM, PLM) and manufacturing systems (MES, LIMS, WMS, and CMM). The training includes an overview of the MESA B2MML XML schemas that are currently being used in business to manufacturing integration.
Business to Manufacturing Integration using MESA B2MML
- Covering the MESA Business to Manufacturing Markup Language (B2MML) standard for Enterprise System to Control System Integration. B2MML is the XML implementation of the ISA 95 Part 2, 4, & 5 standard. The training describes the specific methods you can use to integrate systems using the B2MML models, the business processes involved in integration, the most common IT methods for integration, the models and tools for mapping information between systems, and methods for extending B2MML for specific projects or systems.
- Manufacturing Operations Management & MES using ANSI/ISA-95
- Covering the ISA 95 and IEC/ISO 62264 Part 3 standard Manufacturing Operations Management. The training describes how you can use the ISA 95 models to better understand, compare, and optimize your manufacturing operations. It provides the information you need analyze your systems, determine your requirements for improvements and tools, and write the requirement specifications.
- Automation and Batch Control Using the ANSI/ISA-88 Batch Control Standard
- Covering the ISA 88 standards for Batch Control Systems. The training shows you how to apply the ISA 88 patterns for batch control into your production environments, how to organize and define your production equipment for the maximum production flexibility, and how to build master recipes. You will learn how to specify the requirements for batch control systems, how to develop phase logic and structure your PLC and DCS code for maximum flexibility, and how to efficiently use the ISA 88 methods to define reusable control components that can be used on multiple projects.
- Managing Corporate Product Definitions Using ANSI/ISA-88 General Recipes
- Covering the ISA 88 standard on General and Site Recipes. The training covers the management of corporate product definitions using the ISA standard for general recipes. You will learn the benefits of general recipe use, and how to use general recipes as corporate product definitions so that you can define how to make the same product in different facilities, with different equipment, and different layouts. The class also shows how to transform the chemical and physical descriptions that make up general recipes into ISA 88 Master Recipes for execution on control systems.
- Industrial Automation Control System Cyber Security using ISA 99
- Covering parts of the ISA/IEC 62443 standard developed by the ISA 99 committee. You will learn how Operations Technology (OT) security requirements differ from general Information Technology (IT) security requirements, how to apply the industry best practices to setting up your OT networks and system architectures, how to apply an effective patch management system, and how to define you system using the ISA 99 concepts of Zones and Conduits.
- Manufacturing Operations Management – Capability Maturity Model
- Covering the MESA Manufacturing Operations Management – Capability Maturity Model (MOM_CMM). You will learn how to apply the MESA MOM-CMM to evaluate your manufacturing operation maturity and identify the areas for the greatest improvements. It will allow you to benchmark your operations against the best in class companies, and compare operations at different facilities in a consistent ad objective manner.