- Consulting services in manufacturing automation,
manufacturing operations, and manufacturing IT to Pfizer, Lilly, Dow,
Merck, Genentech, Philip Morris, Shering Plough, P&G, OSIsoft,
ABB, Rockwell Automation, and DynoChem.
- Member of the ISA-SP88 committee for over 14 years, and a
major contributor to the ISA-88 Part 1 and Part 2 standards.
Currently chairman of the ISA-SP88 committee. Editor and
primary contributor to the ANSI/ISA-88 Part 3 General Recipe draft
standard. USA appointed expert to IEC committee (IEC 65A
MT-61512) on batch control.
- Founding member of the ISA-SP95 Enterprise/Control System
Integration committee. Primary author of the ANSI/ISA-95 Part
1, Part 2, and Part 3 standards for Business to Manufacturing
Integration. Chairman of the IEC/ISO Joint working
group developing the IEC version of the ISA 95 standard, IEC 65E, ISO
TC 184 JWG 5.
- Author of the WBF (World Batch Forum) BatchML and B2MML XML
schema standards for batch control system information and business to
manufacturing integration. Currently in use by a large number
of international manufacturing companies.
- Consultant on multiple SAP to factory integration projects
for large pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and chemical companies.
- Led the analysis and specification for Rockwell Software’s
eProcedure, a tool used to generate electronic batch records that meet
the requirements of 21 CFR Part 11 for manual and semi-automated
- Established project execution and tracking systems that
resulted in clear improvements in project times and delivered product
quality, across multiple organizations, in distributed development
- Regular contributing author to Control Engineering magazine
on IT in Manufacturing